Sign in to follow this  
rick77

Screened In Porches

Question

A lot of houses I do have screened in porches on the back side. I have been power washing the interior of them but got to wondering if this is common practice.

Do you guys include the interior of screened in porches with your house wash or do you charge an extra fee for them?

I do interiors but I always request that the owner remove any plants, furniture cushions, or fragile items that may be easily damaged by soft wash power washing. Some screened in porches are decorated much like an interior room of the house so I don't clean the inside of them.

If you don't wash the interiors of screened in porches how do you deal with rinsing soap solution that may have gone through the screen while washing the trim on the outside of the porch.

If you clean both inside and outside of screened porches, is it best to clean the outside then the inside so you can get a complete rinse of the interior?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

I don't necessary include screened in porches. I ask whether or not the homeowner would like it to be cleaned and price the house as a whole taking the screened in porch into consideration.

Sometimes they don't want the interior done, but I tell them that they should at least let me wash the screen, and exterior trim around the screen room.

I ask them to move the furniture and other items back away from the screen about 5' or so, and I use one of my patented cleaning techniques where I apply my mix to the screen at a sharp angle so the cleaning solution soaks the screen, but doesn't go through the screen getting on everything inside the enclosure.

I then will clean the trim above, and lastly, I will go into the screen room and rinse the screen off from the inside out, and then do a quick perimeter sweep-wash of the floor around the edges. Done deal. Clean screen, without having to remove all the items from the porch.

I still prefer, and reccommend that they go ahead a let me clean the whole interior, but sometimes they just don't want to bother with it.

Thanks guys! I had been thinking it was best to clean the outside first. I use the sharp angle method on screens too. I try to avoid hitting them straight on (perpindicular angle).