Sign in to follow this  
gregative

Engine pressure?

So I had some xtra time on my hands the other day & pulled a broken down 4.0 4000psi machine out of the shed. The original problem was that it was extremely, etremely hard to pull the cord, like there was resistance against the flywheel. Before putting it on ice I had changed the oil on the engine and pump, levels are fine. It was trailer mounted and tank run in the past so I replaced the unloader and put on a bypass loop. Even when holding the gun open when pulling it is way to hard to pull. Rope or shoulder is gonna pop first. It is a 13honda. Wondering if it is the engine or maybe the pump valves warped or something & won't move. Guess I could try taking the pump belts off and trying. Anyone else had problem like this?

Readjust the valves in the engine - .006 intake, .008 exhaust. There's a compression release on the camshaft, and if the exhaust valve clearance is too great, it won't relieve the compression. If, after you do the adjustment, it's still hard to pull, the compression release may be damaged or stuck, which entails removing the side cover of the engine.