Sign in to follow this  
eric

x-jet or extend a wand

Hi ,

please advsie th epros & cons of both for high reach cleaning. Can they be used together? Does one weigh more than the other??

your opinions please

Both have their place...

For example an x-jet is great for throwing chems up and washing houses. However depending on what you are doing, you might need a th extension to get closer to the surface being cleaned, when just the chems won't do the trick.

Beth

Hi ,

please advsie th epros & cons of both for high reach cleaning. Can they be used together? Does one weigh more than the other??

your opinions please

Eric,

These are two completly different tools. The x-jet is a nozzle that goes on the end of your wand. This will shoot water up to 45'.

The extenda wand is an extension pole that can be used to reach high places. Its just a longer wand so to speak. Yes the x-jet can be used with the extanda wand.

Both items are great to have but if ihad to purchase one or the other I would go with the x-jet first then go for the extanda wand second.

Two different animals.

X-Jet is basically a tip can be used to downstream chemicals into your water stream and put them pretty high up (some say 50ft., I'm usually around 30ft with my pressure washer). It weighs less than a pound of bananas and is an absolute MUST for convenience. It reduced my cleaning time by easily 50%.

Extenda wand is an extension pole for reaching high places. You can put your tips on it and put high pressure on a high place. It can be a little fatiguing after awhile and requires patience and practice to become skillful with it. If you put your X-Jet on it, you can send the chemicals WAY up there, but the extra distance the chemicals must travel up the hose will affect the mixing ratios.

For high reach cleaning, the Xjet is good for putting the chemicals up high and rinsing, but if you need to apply pressure (like on stone, brick, *real* stucco, etc.), then you will most likely need the extenda wand.

Or atleast, that's what I've gathered from my experience.

Just a note from my usage habits: Before I bought the Xjet, I used the extension wand on every house either higher than single story or with a chimney. Since I've had the Xjet, I've only had to pull the extension out once or twice to get some *really* stubborn water stains on a chimney (way up there). If you get an Xjet, get the M5.....that ability to change the stream pattern is thousands of times more valuable than the old style.

Ryan H.

you can take a chem injector and put qc's on it and connect it on the gun end of you extension wand, and low pressure downstream up higher if you need to, especially in windy conditions when you need to get up high and dont want the spray to get to fine.

Rod~

Make note that when using an X-Jet with an extension pole, it may not prime in the extended or vertical position. I believe the X-Jet primes to about 10-12 feet. You have to lower the pole to a horizontal or under 10 feet to get it started, then raise to the desired position.

A good application for the extension pole and X-Jet is with the close-up attachment as it sprays low pressure at low dilution ratio to extended heights.