Sign in to follow this  
Pat Norman

Woody in the Morning!

Question

I'm not a woody virgin any more! Did my first deck (pressure treated pine) today using Bob's chemicals and guidance (THANKS BOB!!!) Used F18 straight at 2 oz per gallon sprayed with my Bobcat and Bob's neutralizer / Brightener downstreamed at 9 oz per gallon in my bucket. After spraying the F18max and a 15 minute dwell I used my dual lance and 25* nozzle cutting my pressure way down with the dual lance to wash the old weathering out and then the brightener. This really surprised me. The deck was really rough and I thought it wouldn't come out this good. Only a few splinters and a small area furred. Minimal (maybe 10 minutes work) hand sanding will be all that's needed. Only one railing really needs replaced before I come back and seal it, that board was fairly rotten and had a wild vine growing on it at one time the home owner said. Plan on using ReadySeal to seal it. What ya think?

24xly5w.jpg

ztoqb.jpg

1 answer to this question

Pat,

Nice job. You may want to consider using your "Bobcat" (is that a type of sprayer?) for applying your acid brightener instead of downstreaming. 6 to 8 oz. / gal. of acid hitting the wood will really lighten up the color of the wood.

Ready Seal medium red would look great on that deck. 2 applications on the horizontal surfaces, one heavy on the vertical.