Sign in to follow this  
stoppie101

fire hose?????????

anyone have extra fire hose for sale or know where i can get it??? it doesnt even have to be 'real' fire hose. i need some hose to fill up my water tank for those few jobs where water isnt available on site. i've already contacted the water company about a meter and wrench, all i need is the hose. 2 1/2" national standard thread. 25' feet would be perfect.

thanks!

anyone have extra fire hose for sale or know where i can get it??? it doesnt even have to be 'real' fire hose. i need some hose to fill up my water tank for those few jobs where water isnt available on site. i've already contacted the water company about a meter and wrench, all i need is the hose. 2 1/2" national standard thread. 25' feet would be perfect.

thanks!

Try going to your local fire dept. They will usually have some hose that has been placed out of service. It will more than likely still be safe to use for your purpose. Its usually taken out of service because it will not take the pressures from the fire trucks pump.

If that does not work I maybe able to get some for you. Just pay for shipping would be all I ask for. Let me know.

Good idea, I have a couple hundred feet coming from the local fire dept. However here they remove the ends so you would have to replumb the hose ends if they do that there.

Dale, do you get the hose with the ends still on it, that would be nice.

yeah, i tried the fire department. they said all their old hose + equipement has to go thru their yearly auction. if you have any, i'd throw you some coin for it. just let me know how much and i'll paypal you. thanks for the help!

yeah, i've done alot of calling around. everyone wants good money for hose. i dont need to fight fire with it, i just need to use it acouple times amonth to fill my tank quicker. so take offs or scrap will work as long as it doesnt leak too bad. :usa:

yes the hose still has ends on it.

Stoppie,

Let me check our back room at the firehouse and see if there is any old hose laying around

That would be great, can't remember why the tear them down here for sure..