Sign in to follow this  
kcpowerclean

Will I have to remove this downstreamer?

Hi all,

I have a new machine that I want to get it rigged out for downstreaming. Last time I bought a machine, it also had a downstreamer built into the pump, but it didn't work well.

It was a cat pump and I had to remove the proportioner on the streamer because it was the wrong size and wouldn't draw on anything over 25' of hose.

Well, this new machine is a general pump and it also has a downstreamer built in, and I am wandering if I am going to be able to plug in a hi-quality downstreamer after the built-in downstreamer and get it to draw, or will I have to take off the built in downstreamer or atleast remove some proportioner from it.

Here are some pics of the pump with the built in downstreamer. It is just a black plastic barb right below the outlet of the pump. It may be good as it is because I haven't tried it yet, but my guess it that it won't work well.

Also, I had to change the pump oil cause it looked awful (used machine). It is a general pump, but I threw in cat pump oil because it was all that I had in my garage.

Will this likely pose a problem?

Should I order the General pump oil that it recommends or is pump oil the same as all pump oil?

Lastly, it is a portable unit and I think I want to mount it on the trailer. If I throw the wheels off, do I need to place some shock or vibration absorbers under the frame since this is a direct drive unit? Does the virbration affect the pump or engine?

Thanks for the continued support and priceless advice that I've already received.

post-4813-137772245656_thumb.jpg

post-4813-137772245678_thumb.jpg

post-4813-137772245696_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

I have a new machine that I want to get it rigged out for downstreaming. Last time I bought a machine, it also had a downstreamer built into the pump, but it didn't work well.

It was a cat pump and I had to remove the proportioner on the streamer because it was the wrong size and wouldn't draw on anything over 25' of hose.

Well, this new machine is a general pump and it also has a downstreamer built in, and I am wandering if I am going to be able to plug in a hi-quality downstreamer after the built-in downstreamer and get it to draw, or will I have to take off the built in downstreamer or atleast remove some proportioner from it.

Here are some pics of the pump with the built in downstreamer. It is just a black plastic barb right below the outlet of the pump. It may be good as it is because I haven't tried it yet, but my guess it that it won't work well.

Also, I had to change the pump oil cause it looked awful (used machine). It is a general pump, but I threw in cat pump oil because it was all that I had in my garage.

Will this likely pose a problem?

Should I order the General pump oil that it recommends or is pump oil the same as all pump oil?

Lastly, it is a portable unit and I think I want to mount it on the trailer. If I throw the wheels off, do I need to place some shock or vibration absorbers under the frame since this is a direct drive unit? Does the virbration affect the pump or engine?

Thanks for the continued support and priceless advice that I've already received.

Pump oil is pump oil. Heck I've run one of mine now for over a year with 10w 30 non detergent oil in it. Cap off the existing ds port. No need to remove it. Just attach your new ds'er to your spray line after the pump. I always leave the wheels on my portable units. You never know when a job may call for you to have to take the machines off to wheel them to hard to get places like a 4 story walkway in the courtyard of a hotel or something. Just my .02

Pump oil is pump oil. Heck I've run one of mine now for over a year with 10w 30 non detergent oil in it. Cap off the existing ds port. No need to remove it. Just attach your new ds'er to your spray line after the pump. I always leave the wheels on my portable units. You never know when a job may call for you to have to take the machines off to wheel them to hard to get places like a 4 story walkway in the courtyard of a hotel or something. Just my .02

What he said.

P.S. I hope you've changed the oil every once in a while.:)

Another solution I use is an in-line injector I can use right at the gun.

If I need to downstream at low psi like in using an extend-a-wand for high work, I will simply QC the unit just before the gun and stick the pvc tube into a bucket and pull the trigger.

Some may say it is too much work but I need to use it only on high reach surfaces and on days when the wind won't allow an M-5 to reach it.

As far as capping the downstreamer, remove it and replace it with a male threaded cap/plug using teflon tape on the threads. This is the best way to cap a port. These can be found in Lowes or HD in the plumbing aisle.

Rod!~

Just ordered a general pump hi-draw injector. I don't know if I am supposed to mention supplier's names and such, but he told me that if there is an injector after a built-in injector, that it will easily draw from the second one. If it doesn't, I'm gonna plug up the hole on the first injector.

Washed a driveway today with my 13 hp 4gpm machine and it sure kicks butt compared to the little guy that I was using.