Sign in to follow this  
charlie

brick stains

Question

7 answers to this question

Normally, oxalic acid will work quite well, but I have discovered that Prosoco's SureKlean 600 works MUCH faster. Northern Tool happens to sell a product called BRIXX WASH that states on the label that it is the equivalent of the 600. It is. Recently, Northern raised the price from $10 to $20 for a gallon, but still sell 5 gal pails for $59. Its much more expensive than oxalic, but it works SO much faster - especially on brick.

Be careful. This was a white brick house with stains & rust from the chimney cap. Sent pics in to Eacochem and the brick was "lime face". I had actually ordered a couple of small bottles of Safe Restore and another chem to do a test but never really pursued it.

The lime is sitting on top and will come off with too harsh of a chem or too much pressure. Very sensative with huge liabilities and Eachochem cautioned use of anything. I did her deck but never got around to doing a test on the brick.

post-3028-137772247697_thumb.jpg

post-3028-137772247706_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tonyg

Tony,

I clean these all the time. Pump-up with 6% for the black and rinse with the chem tip. Oxalic is fine for the rust and I would do a test with the BRIXX.

Tony,

I clean these all the time. Pump-up with 6% for the black and rinse with the chem tip. Oxalic is fine for the rust and I would do a test with the BRIXX.

Shes a regular customer so I might give it a try. She hired someone a few years ago and they buthered the fron of the house with too much pressure. The liability talk scared me away a bit.

Do test.Starting with a SMALL area. There is nothing to worry about. Other than buying a detergent for such a small area. Eaco Chem says they will supply a small sample pkg. So even that issue is now overcome.

Tony,

hey john,

how have you been? i pulled one of your stunts and broke an ankle last month but i'm healing well thank you. i have been wanting to try the brixx wash from northern. i have been using oxalic but wanted to know more about the brixx. what is the normal dilution rate for the brixx or is there one? i've also added the monster wash to my last wash and was impressed with the results. northern does have some good chems if you don't mind paying the price.

take care john,

rando