Sign in to follow this  
JustMe

Stained concrete around pools

Question

There is a hotel in my area that wants the concrete area around the pool cleaned, it looks like an acid stained concrete that is just very dirty kind of white in appearance. They said that it should have muratic used on it but I have no idea and would like to see if any of you guys could offer some advice on cleaning and ratios.

4 answers to this question

They just want it cleaned, it looks almost like tile so to speak, kind of a stamped and stained concrete. He told me that he was told that muratic cut to 10% is what is used to clean it, but I don't trust a hotel owner with advice :) I stand to get a lot of work from these guys as it is a very nice place so I don't want to screw it up..

Muriatic Acid is a cheap and easy way to do some serious damage. While many people use Muriatic on a daily basis, it is not something that you just want to mix up and use on a customers property.

As with other chemicals, dwell time will play a major factor in what it does to the surface. The guy told you to use the acid, but did he say for how long it dwelled in the past? One more acid wash and it may be ruined depending on the condition.

I can not remember the name, but I cleaned an acid stained driveway a couple summers ago. I used diluted simple green and warm water to get great results. This acid stain that I cleaned looked like textured paint but the customer showed me the can, so I know what it was, just can not remember right now.

Thanks Alan, I totaly agree and someone suggested that I talk with prosoco about some of their products, the reason I am looking for something more for information is I know what muratic can do and don't trust the advice of this guy, I figured if he was so sure he would be doing it himself :)