Sign in to follow this  
jkevin

your lungs and mold

had some issues a couple of weeks got pnumonia(spelling) got over that but dr. found things on my lungs after a ton of tests he says maybe from mold. not done testing but that is his thought. anyone else hear of this or some exp with it? all i know is when it clears enough to work again a mask will be added to tool box

Certain spaces and environments would be more prone to mold (or mould, as our Canadian brethren call it) growth. I don't know if a visual inspection is enough to confirm the presence or absence of mold, or if it requires some kind of test to make sure. Once the little buggers get airborne, they're trouble.

If any of your cleaning work involves (or could involve) dislodging mold spores, you should either be certified and equipped for such, or pass up the job. If you liberate mold spores into a customer's living/working space, you could be looking at a lawsuit.

A HEPA mask would be a good idea, but that only protects you. You need technical stuff like negative pressure, etc., to do it right.

That said, once you're certified for mold remediation and can properly do the containment, etc., it can be a pretty lucrative specialty field.

Disclaimer: I am not an expert in the field. I just know to "not go there." ;)