Sign in to follow this  
jkevin

ratios

not sure if tyhis is the right place for this but i am hoping. premix cleaners 1 gal cleaner to 4 gal. water for downstreaming so what would the dilution be for using a pump sprayer?

Edited by jkevin

not sure if this is the right place for this but I am hoping. premix cleaners 1 gal cleaner to 4 gal. water for downstreaming so what would the dilution be for using a pump sprayer?

Kevin, cannot solve that equation without knowing the ratio you are getting via downstreaming. You'll have to test your downstreamer for an exact formula. With a perfect downstream setup from having an undersized injector, to gun, to nozzles, to hose length all optimized, your best case scenario would probably be 25 oz chem to 4 gal of water. If your downstreamer is getting more average numbers, you may need as little as 8 oz per gallon.

I know that sounds confusing.

Summary: the better your downstream setup, the more chem you are going to need to add to apply direct.

Why? Because if your downstream setup is good it is applying at a dilution ratio of 1:5 or 20%. Meaning you have already compensated by making your chemical weaker. If your setup is not as good, your dilution may be 15:1. This means you have already compensated for that dilution by making your chemical (in the bucket) stronger.