Sign in to follow this  
TNRoofCleaner

Next Cedar Semi Deck (Darn Rain)

Question

Here is a deck we cleaned and brightened on Tuesday. Hopefully it will be ready to stain on Monday after the thunderstorms the last 2 days and one more probably this afternoon and tomorrow. This will be stained with AC Semi Transparent Cedar. Homeowner wanted a clear sealer at first but changed his mind after showing him some pics and samples.

post-5133-137772254171_thumb.jpg

post-5133-137772254176_thumb.jpg

post-5133-13777225418_thumb.jpg

post-5133-137772254185_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

Home is only about 10 months old but the boards have already started to cup. Need to sand in a few places. Wood had just started to grey.

I do have one question that just came to mind. On the spindles the lumber is more of a rough cut type of wood on some sides. Do you sand these also or do you leave them? I did not notice it until I went to clean. Guess I will learn to look closer next time.

Just moved them to the other side of the deck, Stained and let soak in and moved back. I'm mot taking the BBQ down those stairs.

There are also no 2 spindles spaced the same on the entire deck. Some you could get a 4" brush exactly in between and others you could not. Some were even wider. I guess they can't read a tape measure.