Sign in to follow this  
Mountain View

Fresh Ready Seal Light Brown

Question

I don't care what anyone says, fresh Ready Seal Light Brown, 8ft tall Cedar fence, 6 inch wide planks, 300 linear ft, at least five years old, stripped of solid brown garbage ; the pictures don't even come close to showing how good this fence looked when I was finished. This is a once in a year project. Boo Ya!!

post-1269-137772254584_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

Good strip job, but do you think you got all the mold off the bottom? color looks a little off on the after pic?? Maybe its my computer

Those are grass stains from the gardener weed eating the lawn. Sanded but that was the best I could get; well, without grinding deep into the wood and maybe making it look even worse. It's been a lesson to me when it comes to wood to follow the physicians creed, "do no harm". Sometimes I don't get things to a sterile condition but, based on my customers reaction and my "trained eye", the end result is very satisfactory.

Edit: Based on Ready Seal "spreadage" rate, this fence should take just under 19 gallons, I put 23 gals. on this bad boy.! Don't worry Ken, the budget was for 25.

Edit due: This was an insurance job due to hail damage. The insurance company's original payment only covered 2/3rds of the cost. The owner asked if I would talk to the insurance company to explain the "above the adjusted amount" of my quote. Five minutes of talking to the company and explaining to them the reasons for my quote figure, owner got full amount of my quote for the job. No money out of owners pocket.

Edited by Mountain View