Sign in to follow this  
gutterdog

bleach???

Question

i use bleach, 1 gallon bleach n 1 gallon power house n 3 gallon water 5 gallons. watched nuther company doit faster n didnt see any soap (power house)? they washed this 3 story house in 1 hour??? didnt prewet nuthin didnt see any soap. they did it for almost half what i bid it for??? yea if i could do it in hour id bid it the same, lol!!! I think they used more bleach n less soap??? just a feelin and on next house im doin it that way. am i right???

17 answers to this question

i use bleach, 1 gallon bleach n 1 gallon power house n 3 gallon water 5 gallons. ?

i hope that isn't a downstream mix! That mix is great if applied straight - even if it is store bought 6% - probably too much soap if applied straight.

I use the xjet and 12% bleach from sunbrite. and power house from the same. i have to hit the rakes n gutters twise n rinse rinse rinse till im happy its alll off the house. I couldnt stay the whole time n watch. i didnt see any bubbles ( soap) , a neighbor called me when they left that how i know they did it in an hour. wheres the scratcin your head icol lol!!!!i havent gone back n looked at the quality of the job. im gonna go gallon n half with the bleach n half gallon of power house next time. what do yall think????

To me it just sounds they used less soap or something that doesnt have as much sudsing. Their speed might not be a case of the soap or sh used but a matter of what machine they have. With my 12gpm I can soap, dwell and rinse a 2000 sq ft home in under an hour and that is taking my time. I wouldnt lower your price though for being able to do it faster. Its your raise for being more proficient with upgraded machinery.

When I used to x-jet I also used Power House. Only 1/2 gallon of PH per 5 gallon mix. Usually used 2 gallons of 12% and topped it off with water.

doug thats just what im thinkin.

To me it just sounds they used less soap or something that doesnt have as much sudsing. Their speed might not be a case of the soap or sh used but a matter of what machine they have. With my 12gpm I can soap, dwell and rinse a 2000 sq ft home in under an hour and that is taking my time. I wouldnt lower your price though for being able to do it faster. Its your raise for being more proficient with upgraded machinery.

the guy i watched had the same power gpm n all as mine i did go over n swap cards with him before i watched a lil n left. i sold a gutter clean next door when i was there doin est on washin the house. we both showed up same time same day, lucky me!!! price i have to lower. cause i have to match this big a franchise subbin out all there work. washers around my way know who im talkin bout!! they give quotes over the phone. aint even seen the house?

Hey Mike,

I met you the other day at sunbrite. I hope business is well. The gpm of your machine can make a big difference. What do you have?

i got that dewalt 4gpm. business is up n dowm man!!! ive had to really lower my price n do jobs im technically not ready for but they come out nice. the customer likes it!!!! changed ya mind bout sellin that surface machine???hehehe

If you have 5 gal or less machine, 1 gal of bleach per bucket should do it.

Or you are doing it wrong, sorry to be blunt. Half gal of soap tops.

booyow!!!!!!! half gallon tops!!!just what im thinkin!!!! havent had a call yet for a house wash in a while n got all this bleach n power house in the shed lol!!!!

I have some surplus chems, which I would prefer to use on a house wash rather than have them sit in my garage. Phone has not been ringing either...Might have to setup a demo next weekend.

I have some surplus chems, which I would prefer to use on a house wash rather than have them sit in my garage. Phone has not been ringing either...Might have to setup a demo next weekend.

Whats a demo???? the chems go bad after a while. i was told. by supply co. last night a 5 gal leaked empty somehow. it was some leftover concrete cleaner from a job. bout a month ago? from now on pourin that out like i do the house wash mix when finnished the job. im meeting with a friend who has a degree in buisiness n she said it be bout 2 hours time. gonna redo everything i reckon???? not gonna make all the changes suggested in here on website. i talk to you like you are a friend. my nose aint all stuck up in the air, on my website. ive just always rolled that way. always talked to customer as a friend. competition round here, gutter cleanin, copying me. maybe they think i got it goin on like i think they got it goin on, lol!!! .... whats a demo???? cause i got alot in the shed to get rid of.

thanks for the help here. with washin houses. i just want to deliver same quality quicker like competition. next house is the victim!!! lol!!! ill stay with the house till im happy lol!!! now wood! c'mon guys!!! make a friend...

Edited by gutterdog