Sign in to follow this  
plainpainter

painting decks

Question

I know this site is primarily comprised of purists when it comes to restoring decks with trans and semi-trans type oil based products. But I got done a solid latex stain type restoration of a deck that was previously painted.

And I'll be honest - I'd rather do these all day long over oil stain decks. They're so much easier to do - and my customer today was just as happy if not happier than any or my semi-oil type customers. And other than deck boards - there is no fussing with 'fuzz' on spindles or other annoying areas - and thanks to guys like Mathew Johnson - I've got a system down pat for this type of restoring that's awesome!

And the latex stain comes so nice off a brush - me and my nephew banged out a deck just brushing - where as with oil stain it's such a pita, you need a sprayer just to speed up the process. I can easily paint two $1,500 type decks a day with a helper - and three if were busting hump - just brushing.

And my truck isn't all nasty with oil crap and thinners and stuff. And no worrying about two coating for saturation purposes and all that nonsense - man what a dream job - perhaps latex on decks suck, but it makes for a dream job.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet