Sign in to follow this  
Visionzlandscapes

Help with pricing

Question

Hey guys before you give the noob a hard time i would like to say that I am just trying to learn so i can put forth a good effort and dedication to my work where as i know i am doing each job correctly! I currently run a landscaping operation and wanting to start an power washing operation because i am being asked by over 50% of my customers to do some washing.

Here is my equipment.

2002 chevy 2500 HD

New 2600 PSI troy built 7 hp. washer.

I will be solo operation as of starting off until i get estabilished. Not looking to make millions just some extra income. I have done pressure work before now i just want to make sure i am right with the pricing so that i am competative and on the other hand so i do not cheat myself by doing it too cheap.

here are some prices i have came up with after internet research.

* fairly clean cement-.10 per sqft and $75 minimum

*greasy cement.nasty-.15 per sqft.

WOOD

-.80 to pressure wash only

-.85 cent per sqft to seal only

-$1.45 to do both per sqft and $1 per linear ft on rails and spindles. Minimum of $150.00

Vinyl siding homes-

fairly clean-.15 cent per sqft

dirty-.17 sqft

moldy/mildew-.22 sqft

How does those prices sound?

also when i apply deterent to the house do i charge by the square ft for that as well? OR do i only charge for the pressure washing per sqft??

thanks in advance!!!

84 answers to this question

Randy I looked at your website. I dont do that often. Heck I never do it, lol!!! Maybe i need to be a little nosey! .... Must not be alot of competition round you way. LOL!

Why would you say that? There are quite a few high quality professionals around in the Carolinas. We just all know how to play nice.

Why would you say that? There are quite a few high quality professionals around in the Carolinas. We just all know how to play nice.

Not knocking the quality, just the competition. I miss the carolinas!! Lived there 12 years!!! Round here no mater what price you give its too much lol!!! Me and Jeff were jokin other day!! Gutter clean for 19.95!! Customers resonse... lol!!! 19.95!!! c'mon I got kids and a family!!! Cant you come down on that some!!!

What I'm saying is people around here are more savy?... More savy than me sometimes, lol!!! Just how it is up here...and I'm still doing the southern hospitality thing.

They already have there response to price before I give it! lol!!! I might do better down there, but here I am to stay.

Randy I looked at your website. I dont do that often. Heck I never do it, lol!!! Maybe i need to be a little nosey! .... Must not be alot of competition round you way. LOL!

guttermouth,

you talk a lot about people not wanting to pay what you ask. my question to you is do you present yourself as a professional to your customers? i am thinking that maybe your customers do not see you as a professional and therefore expect to pay the hack price. why do i think that? looking at your pics on roof cleaning your company displays a shirtless individual with bleached jeans spraying a roof with an inexpensive pump up sprayer. there are no ppe's in place, especially a respirator. i have a feeling that your work is good but if you look like a hack and act like a hack then your customers are going to think that you are a hack. and guess what? hacks do not get top dollar. this is just constructive criticism so don't take it to heart. believe it or not i am actually trying to help you solve your problem.

good luck,

rando

And I'm just confused - maybe I need to call Mr. William and get a translation? I still haven't figured out why Randy's professionalism is indicative of a lack of competition?

But HEY - so glad you're happy in Maryland!!! (sorry BNR!;))

guttermouth,

you talk a lot about people not wanting to pay what you ask. my question to you is do you present yourself as a professional to your customers? i am thinking that maybe your customers do not see you as a professional and therefore expect to pay the hack price. why do i think that? looking at your pics on roof cleaning your company displays a shirtless individual with bleached jeans spraying a roof with an inexpensive pump up sprayer. there are no ppe's in place, especially a respirator. i have a feeling that your work is good but if you look like a hack and act like a hack then your customers are going to think that you are a hack. and guess what? hacks do not get top dollar. this is just constructive criticism so don't take it to heart. believe it or not i am actually trying to help you solve your problem.

good luck,

rando

Well Taken Randy.

And I'm just confused - maybe I need to call Mr. William and get a translation? I still haven't figured out why Randy's professionalism is indicative of a lack of competition?

But HEY - so glad you're happy in Maryland!!! (sorry BNR!;))

What is BNR?

Burlington Northern Railroad?

:lgsideway

You got me man!!! I dunno...Secret handshake?

I'm gonna make me somethin up in here!!! hehehe Don't tell no one, LOL!!! shhhh

Just messin in case someone takes this serious like!!!