Sign in to follow this  
scpressure

roof washing

Question

I would like some advice on roof washing equipment.

I am ready to invest in equipment, education and marketing for roof cleaning.

My short term goal is to do between 30-50 roof jobs in the first half of 2010.

I need to know the pros and cons of different set-ups.

Any advice you can lend me we be a great help. Thank you.

7 answers to this question

Visit Pressure Tek and look at the roof cleaning kits. They come set up for roof cleaning with all you need except the tank and maybe the battery.

+ 1 That and searching and reading all the threads on Roof Cleaning will open all the doors you need for the questions you have.

Bobby, go to or call PressureTek. For about $500 you can get the pump (5 gpm delevan), gun, 150' of upgraded hose, all your fittings and bulk head in one complete package. Get yourself some 1/2" braided poly hose for an intake, a chem tank and you are ready to rock. When you get into serious roof cleaning you can upgrade to a FatBoy pump (or get it now if budget permits). I'd also recommend a stainless hose reel like the Titan. Bob carries those as well.

As far as the marketing, push the benefits of roof cleaning.. longer roof life, savings for cleaning versus replacement, lower energy costs for homeowner. Depending on your market, this is becoming a more mainstream service. I never got any calls for roof cleaning as I never advertised for it. More recently a franchise moved into my area and has been advertising aggressively. His ads are good but people are starting call me about it.

Edited by PressurePros

Hey Bobby!

The thing is with roofs bro is getting the chems up their as close to full strength as possable. So thats a sure flow or a pump up sprayer.

Sure flows... Roof I did cple days ago was 3 stories high and a ridge bout 4 stories? What i understand, some sure flows cant push chems that far? I could be wrong.

Pics comming up tomorow evening of roof and washing house tomorow for a great before n after

The roof was rinsed with a garden hose!! Is that LOW pressure or what? hehehe

Edited by gutterdog

If you lose prime on the sureflo you have to come down to get it going again. Go with a delavan setup from pressure tek. Either will work 5850 or fatboy. Rinse out pump after every use. Don't wait until you get home.