Sign in to follow this  
rick77

Switching From X-Jet M5 To Downstreaming

Question

I've used the X-Jet M5 exclusively ever since I started power washing houses. The M5 is great but hauling the chem bucket sucks so I've decided to switch to downstreaming.

I bought a new belt driven Honda 13 4GPM 4000 psi from Bob at Pressure Tek back in May and have just ordered four nozzles for downstreaming that Bob helped me choose for my gear. I use 200' of high pressure hose so I can leave my machine on the trailer.

I feel that with Bob's help and from reading this forum I've got the equipment that I need for my particular work load but I've got to find a good house wash mix for downstreaming.

With the X-Jet M5 I used 10 oz. of Simple Cherry, 3 gallons of 6% bleach, a shot of Dawn, and water in a 5 gallon bucket. On houses around here that mix was quick and sick.

Now that I'm switching to downstreaming I'm thinking I'm gonna need to beef up my mix a bit. 12.5 % SH is not readily available here in town. I'd have to drive about 50 miles to get it and it's pretty expensive compared to the low prices I've read about here on the forum.

I see that many of you will use 2 gallons of 12.5 SH along with Simple Cherry per 5 gallons of mix so I'm assuming I'm going to need to use 4 gallons of 6% to match that in my mix. I guess I'll find out when my downstreaming nozzles get here just how well this mix with 6% SH will work.

Do any of you downstream using 6% bleach? How many gallons per 5'ver?

29 answers to this question

Hey Rick, I'm wanting to add a downstream injector to my machine, it's 4gpm @ 4,000psi also. Could you PM me the parts and nozzles you used please?

Thanks

Brian

Rick,

I hope you do not mind me asking but what kind of pressure washer are you using (brand)? Will the setup you are speaking of work with a 3 GPM 3200 psi pressure washing unit?

Thanks for any info or pictures if you have them. I am in need of something like this and have been looking into it or the XJet but hear mixed comments on each... Seems that the setup you now have is the best way to go and no dragging stuff around like you mentioned, that is what I like about it.

Thanks!

For those who don't want to carry a bucket with a X-Jet. Try this setup with 50'-100' of hose on the X-Jet ant it works fine. You install a fitting in the bung with a hose and strainer attached on the bottom. I fine tuned the ratio's many years ago.post-8219-137772393711_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Chemical Doctor