Sign in to follow this  
homemechanixcny

No Bleach? What are they using?

Question

6 answers to this question

Looking at the picture on their website, it looks like they're using a surface cleaner on a shingle roof! My guess would be that the "sham-poo" is sodium hydroxide (a degreaser on asphalt shingles??!!). There are a number of such products on the market.

Looking at the picture on their website, it looks like they're using a surface cleaner on a shingle roof! My guess would be that the "sham-poo" is sodium hydroxide (a degreaser on asphalt shingles??!!). There are a number of such products on the market.

+1 I've tried a Sodium Hydroxide product in the past. I hated it. It was WAAAAAY too much work and it doesn't seem to come out or last half as long as using a regular Roof Cleaning mix.

I've seen that surface cleaner. Lower it down by the hose. If they aint using sodium hydroxite, gotta be sodium hydroxide. What I used to uses. Hydroxide needs some agitation to clean. Guess thats what the surface cleaner is needed for the shampoo! Agitation.... Wonder how many granuals come out the downspout with this? not the way to go.

Man calls up a woman for a date, she says..."I Can't tonight, I just sham-pooed my roof and I can't do a thing with it"...lol

Maybe she could call the emergency number listed on the web site....hey, get a big tarp and a dozen leaf blowers and offer "Blow drying"...too...lol

Can't knock them for being inventive. Good Luck guys!