Sign in to follow this  
netspider

Need a little help please -

In the process of preparing for my job and was going over the trailer to make sure all was in order. Took the machine over to Delco a few days ago to have the Wayne Burner fixed. After loading everything up with care, nothing banged the machine..I started it to see if the excess smoke was still present that needed to burn off as a by product of the needed repair last week. Burner runs fine, smoke is almost gone. HOWEVER...now every time I pull the trigger on the wand...with or without heat the engine (Vanguard 16HP) the motor bogs I loose almost all pressure and it sounds like it is going to die. I release the trigger and it spins back up and sounds great..Pull the trigger and the process repeats..Hold the trigger and it remains the same...

New plugs,filters in the last month on the Motor..

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance for your time

Dan

post-5588-137772276348_thumb.jpg

Pull both plugs and hook them up to the wires. Set them both where they can ground against the engine, and crank the engine over to check for spark at both plugs. I have gotten spark plugs that are bad out of the box. Vannys also have a wire that runs from coil to coil, then to ground. This wire has 2 diodes in it. If one diode burns out, one coil will ground out the other.

Bobby thanks for the call..Sam and Russ thank you. The Bears are on a bye tomorrow so I have 24 usable hours to tinker with it. I adjusted the unloader to the right and it made the motor die when I pulled the trigger, I twisted to the left and it brought down my PSI but the engine did not stress...I will take it to Delco ASAP and have them look at it.

Dan

Dan,

One of the most frustrating aspects of this business, is how to keep the equipment running in order to get the job done beyond the expectations of your client.

You are in the early stages of trouble shooting equipment and I have complete confidence in you understanding, what the problem could be and how to fix it.

Before you know it you will reward yourself driving away from a job, knowing your client had no idea how many obstacles you had to jump over and run through to exceed their expectations.

While it is may be frustrating keeping the equipment running it is even more satisfying knowing you can and will get the job done.

Most of the time, trouble shooting starts with the water supply and ends with what is coming out of the tip. The variables between those factors are not complicated (hose, engine, pump,hose,wand and tip).

Here are my top ten tips on how to get the job done.

9. o-rings 1/4" and 3/8"

8.wrenches, atleast 2 adjustable

7.teflon tape

6.extra downstrime injector

5.quick connects 2 each male and female

4. 2 of every tip you may use

3. extra fuel gas and or diesal

2. hose 50-75' each supply and pressure

1. REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU BROUGHT TO THE JOB GET IT DONE, WITHOUT YOUR CLIENT KNOWING IT WAS ANYTHING BUT A PLEASURE TO SEVERE THEM.

In addition to extra everything, I also carry a spare pwer! I have an 8gpm/3000psi trailer made by HydroTek...and a Home Depot 4/3500 direct drive converted to a 5.5/2600 gear drive. The last thing I want to have happen is to leave a job incomplete due to mechanical failure. Time= $$$$

Thanks again for the support BOBBY and everyone else who has taken the time to help, Rand156 sounds good, the one thing McKinney is not short on is Schools and Fire Houses.When we moved here in 1998 the population may have been 40,000.00 now we are around 121,000 and on our 7th fire house if I remember right.Great place to live and work for your Nephew. And out of those 121,000 homes I will find a few dirty ones and leave them with a smile..at least that is the game plan.

For example the new HS they built is 510,000 SqFT

Real Estate & Homes for Sale - Zillow

it opened two years ago and they have had tow major additions added so who knows how big it is now...and this is 3rd HS in town

Dan

Edited by netspider

they are working on firestation #8, nephew lives in the big city of Tom Bean. McKinney is to big for me, I am a small town guy. Problem is not much to wash here, or anyone who wants to pay for it.

Rig fixed...ready for this...I did not have the SPARK PLUG wire on all the way....Chalk one up for my Darwin nomination

I posted some pick to share of the two houses I did this week. Both came out very well I think...There are before and after picks, but for some reason they will not line up in the upload..so I will put them on the website later in that format.. So 1st week, no broken bones, no insurance claims, happy customers and a few hand fulls of Motrin and I am alive..work done...house wash, driveway,sidewalk,deck,pool, patio, entry way, gutters..

Investment for the week...some time, some bleach, some dawn liquid dish soap, some other chems and some gas...

take a look.....

Jobs pictures by surfinspider - Photobucket

Go BEARS

Dan Greco

Outdoor Renew And Restore

We Take The Pressure Out Of Washing

www.outdoorrenewandrestore.com

972-302-3292

service@outdoorrenewandrestore.com