Sign in to follow this  
Charlotte Co Roof Clean

Any great deals on aprox 5gpm pumps for pressure washers around?

I need to get 2 backup pumps for my 18hp pressure washers. I now use ts2021 pumps, but the price on them have really jumped since the last time I bought them.

Anyone know of any especially good deals on similar pumps?

Thanks!

Chuck

post-5764-137772276509_thumb.jpg

Edited by Charlotte Co Roof Clean
wanted to go back and subscribe-guess I can't?

If you look at the spec sheet ( http://www.generalpump.com/PDFs/TSer47S-20-16.pdf ) you will see that the only difference between the TS1011 (referred to as a TS2021B) is that the TS2021 has a nickel plated head and valve caps whereas the 'TS2021B' is solid brass. General has rated the TS1011 at 1700 PSI for obvious reasons.

Pressure Rating of the TS2021: Sources at General Pumps say that the TS2021 is really only rated by InterPump (the manufacturer) for 2900 PSI whereas General re-rates it to 3500.

Are there better pumps? The TS2021 is a great pump. At one time I personally had 22 Straight Trucks each equipped with two machines both of which had TS2021 pumps. They are a great pump but so are many others. Probably the best bang for the buck right now is the RW21 by A-R. They are a very smooth running and durable pump. It produces 5.5 GPM @ 3500 PSI and comes in at around $300.00 rather that the $400.00 plus price tag of the TS2021. We have quite a few machines out there and everyone loves them. Another good thing is that the mounting patterns, shafts, etc. are the same as the TS2021 making a quick change out easy.

Good luck.

I just ordered the RW21 along with my regular online order. I'll post what I think of it, after I use it a while.

Thanks,

Chuck Bergman Pressure Cleaning

If you look at the spec sheet ( http://www.generalpump.com/PDFs/TSer47S-20-16.pdf ) you will see that the only difference between the TS1011 (referred to as a TS2021B) is that the TS2021 has a nickel plated head and valve caps whereas the 'TS2021B' is solid brass. General has rated the TS1011 at 1700 PSI for obvious reasons.

Pressure Rating of the TS2021: Sources at General Pumps say that the TS2021 is really only rated by InterPump (the manufacturer) for 2900 PSI whereas General re-rates it to 3500.

Are there better pumps? The TS2021 is a great pump. At one time I personally had 22 Straight Trucks each equipped with two machines both of which had TS2021 pumps. They are a great pump but so are many others. Probably the best bang for the buck right now is the RW21 by A-R. They are a very smooth running and durable pump. It produces 5.5 GPM @ 3500 PSI and comes in at around $300.00 rather that the $400.00 plus price tag of the TS2021. We have quite a few machines out there and everyone loves them. Another good thing is that the mounting patterns, shafts, etc. are the same as the TS2021 making a quick change out easy.

Good luck.

I just ordered the RW21 along with my regular online order. I'll post what I think of it, after I use it a while.

Thanks,

Chuck Bergman Pressure Cleaning