Sign in to follow this  
sturgisjr

Wood Tux Crystal Seal?

Question

Good Morning,

I have a customer with a Cedar deck and I am thinking he wants a clear. I offered the other WoodTux colors (transparent toners or semi-transparent?) I wanted to know how a clear performs in terms of durabilty and whether or not it protects from greying. I am debating on even offering a clear and Id hate for customers to be dissapointed. Would appreciate of anyone else could share a good quality clear if not WoodTux.

I am at a stage where I am trying to get the sealers straightened out (as you will notice in other posts).

At the time being, I offer WoodTux (never used on a deck yet and want to expand choices and compete with competitors), Olympic Maximum and Wolman F&P. I would like to hear how WoodTux compares to the other 2 products. Seems like most of my customers always go for the Olympic Maximum and I noticed many of you would go with the Wolman F&P if a backup sealer bought in store was needed---why is that?

Will WoodTux peel over time since I gather through some posts that it does not penetrate into the wood as deep as other oil-based sealers?

Thank you

Brian

3 answers to this question

Wood Tux doesn't peel that we have seen. It is a penetrating oil.

The clear will grey the way any other clear would - there is no pigment in the clear.

The Honey Gold looks awesome on cedar, and provides great UV protection and won't grey fast.

Hope this helps.

Beth