Sign in to follow this  
svp07

Brick Cleaning?

Question

Anyone have some suggestions for general brick cleaning? There are many homes by me that have the fronts or first level done in brick. There seems to be some mildew and also some of the white paint from the aluminum fascia and shutters. Will just water remove it or should I use some EFC-38? I know not to go to heavy on the pressure due to the types of brick out there.

Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Steve,

Your current house wash should be fine for a "general cleaning". As for the mold, the best way to kill it is bleach. As long as you take the right steps into using bleach on the side of the house you will not harm the surrounding vegetation. What are you using now for your house wash?

Thanks Dale,

I am using Steve's Citricleen 1/2 gal, 1 gal of 10-12 liquid shock, and a foamer from Hotsy. This mix will remove the white aluminum paint from the brick? Also, will it remove any of the Calcium/Lime deposits? Can you use a turbo nozzle on hard brick?

I am thinking of trying to set a trip down to see you next week. I have some things to get inline this week and do not see the time being available. Do also use the HD-80?

Steve

Steve,

The mix should remove the the white from the brick, if it wouldn't I would try some Gutter Shock. I also would not use a turbo nozzle. That will do serious damage before you may realize it.

Next week will not work for me unless you want to go to Mytrle Beach. However, I wont be working. Just sucking down the brews and enjoying the beach with the kids!!

That's cool Dale,

I hope you have a good time. That will give a chance to help get my father's 2 family house in shape. Can we pencil something in for the last week in June?

Steve

uhhmmm, that is the last week in June.:whoops:

Call me after the 4th of July. We can set-up a date then.

as of right now I have one house wash on July 6th, one house wash on July 11th and a house wash and a deck wash on the 12th.

I work mostly weekend as this is a part-time business for me.

609-268-0085 nighttime

609-744-2700 daytime

Prosoco's EK Restoration Cleaner will remove lime and calcium runs along with paint oxidization streaks. It's a jell that can be applied with a paint roller. Gets very good coverage as long as you follow directions (such as pre-wetting the brick and allowing enough dwell time, etc.).

Please leave the turbo in the tool box on this job.