Sign in to follow this  
Oxfordlawn

What nozzle sizes for downstreaming.

I am a newcomer to the house powerwashing scene. Most houses here are single story with some tall peaks, and an occasional 2 story. I do use my x-jet for the 2 story and for the houses with the higher roof peaks. I wouldn't mind getting awayy from the x-jet, but not familiar with different nozzle sizes. I have a 4000/4 gpm unit. What if any nozzles will suck the solution through my DS fitting, but still allow me to shoot up 25-30 feet?? Im not sure what size the "black" soap nozzle is that came with the machine is...but it definately wont reach very high. Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Also, I do have a copy of a nozzle chart I found on this site. What is the pressure range where a DS stops sucking...this may help me figure out some nozzle size options as well

So many questions but I'm getting there :)

I am a newcomer to the house powerwashing scene. Most houses here are single story with some tall peaks, and an occasional 2 story. I do use my x-jet for the 2 story and for the houses with the higher roof peaks. I wouldn't mind getting awayy from the x-jet, but not familiar with different nozzle sizes. I have a 4000/4 gpm unit. What if any nozzles will suck the solution through my DS fitting, but still allow me to shoot up 25-30 feet?? Im not sure what size the "black" soap nozzle is that came with the machine is...but it definately wont reach very high. Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Also, I do have a copy of a nozzle chart I found on this site. What is the pressure range where a DS stops sucking...this may help me figure out some nozzle size options as well

So many questions but I'm getting there :)

Call Bob at Pressure Tek and order a J Rod 4 way nozzle holder. He'll walk you through ordering the right downstreaming nozzles for your machine. You'll need a low rinse and a high rinse nozzle, and a low soap and a high soap nozzle. These nozzles will outdo the X-Jet any day of the week.

It can't get any simpler than having Bob talk you through your order. I wish I would've made the switch from X-Jet to downstreaming a long time ago. The large houses I do are very intricate with massive decks, screened porches, balconies, dormers, etc. Not having to drag the soap bucket/cart around makes the job quicker and easier.

You can make your own DS nozzles by adding a 1/4" air chuck to a 1/4" quick connect - no tape needed. In addition, using NO nozzle will give you the best concentration, though it won't shoot as far. It also has the advantage of having less overspray. The weak link is going to be your downstreamer. I highly recommend that you purchase one from one of the TGS sponsors that is designed for caustic chems. (Generally, they will have a ceramic ball.)

Any nozzle over a #40 size will work for you. I would suggest a 0040 and a 1540 if you are looking for range. Fof closer stuff or better draw you could use a #50 and a 2550 or 4050.

A 1/4" hose barb will also work for long range it is about a 0050 opening.

Thank You everyone. As time goes by and I am getting a few washes under my belt, I am starting to figure out what I like and don't like. I do like the XJet but not lugging the bucket. I don't like the DS'er because I cant seem to get the soap high enough, but thats what I'm trying to work on here. Thanks