Sign in to follow this  
H2OWizard

Newbie Question

Question

Hi everyone,

I am new to the game and just had a question. I have been reading through all the forums and still haven't seen the answer.

Here it is; if my machine has a chemical injector on it already, do I still need to get something like the x-jet?

I know this is probably a simple minded question for most but I would really appreciate an answer.

BTW, I have never seen a group of professionals more passionate and energized about their work than all of you. The fact that you are all so forthcoming in sharing your wisdom puts you in a class by yourselves. I have learned alot from reading all of your threads.

Thanks again,

Steve

5 answers to this question

Welcome to the business Steve, I'm sure you have found a lot of usfull info here and I'm sure there will be much more to follow.

About the X-Jet question, I think I will leave that one to some of the others on this site who write a bit more eloquently then I.

Lance

Yes Buy the X-jet. You won't be disappointed.

I'll give you a few quick reasons why I would buy that x-jet. First off the x-jet will let you put on the chemicals that your using at a 2 to 1 ratio. Another words every 1 part of water that is coming out of your wand it is mixed with 1 part of chemical that you have your x-jet hooked into. Usaully the chemical injectors that your have with your powerwashers will at best only do about 7-1 ratio and that is usually not strong enough to do the hard core cleaning.

Another reason is lets say your using bleach in your chemical mix with the x-jet the bleach never touches any other part of your exuipment like your powerwashing hoses, Wand etc. because it goes thru its own hose and out of the x-jet. THis saves your brass couplers, hoses etc. from rotting away which can be costly after awhile.

Another reason is when you are running chemicals with your chemical injector there is still alot of unused chemical in your hose when you switch tips on your wand and this chemical will be wasted if you don't gage it right. With the x-jet when you don't need anymore chemical you just disconnect it right at the wand.

The x-jet is one of those tools that you should not be without...I wish I knew this when I first started 9 yrs ago. For all I know there wasn't even an x-jet made back then.

I snubbed the Xjet in the beginning because of the price....$150+ for the M5 model. I finally broke down and bought one after reading all of the positive opinions about it. The first time I did it, I completed a two story vinyl home in less than two hours. Prior to this, it took me over three hours for the same level of quality (lots of running back and forth to disconnect the chemical source). It is definitely worth it, but I would spring for the M5 adjustable model...I rarely even have to use the other tips now.

Ryan H.

Oh yeah, welcome!