Sign in to follow this  
H2OWizard

roofs and x-jet

Question

I was wondering if you guys still charge more for a steeper pitch roof if you are shooting it on with an x-jet?

Also, some of the roofs around here look like the top of a castle; so, exactly how do you go about figuring out sq/ft?

Thanks,

Steve

5 answers to this question

It depends on the roof. If I don't have to get on the roof at all, the pitch doesn't make a difference...In fact, the steeper it is, the easier it is to rinse. If I have to get up on the roof to reach the peak, or to clean it off of debris, etc, the pitch definitely plays a part.

What do you mean by the top of a castle?

Most of the roofs around here are asphalt shingles and when I say "castle", I mean they are not just 2 sided but more like 8-10 different sides and angles.

I was wondering about the price because for the most part I will be on the ground with my x-jet so the pitch doesn't really matter. I know most of you guys charge x-amount for a reg. pitch roof and a little bit more if the pitch is greater. I just didn't know how that applies to someone on the ground with an x-jet. Sorry I was unclear about that.

Thanks again,

Steve

Steve,

I know exactly what you mean. Some of the more upscale areas around here have those things. A pain to clean, but they do look nice. When it comes to pricing something like that, your ability to get to it is the deciding factor. Most of them are nearly impossible without a climbing and rigging system. If I have to pull mine out, I usually have a $200 minimum charge. While you are up on the roof anyway, it shouldn't be too hard to clean the sides of the steeples. I've moved away from the Xjet on roofs, though and am upgrading to a shurflo system. Keep in mind though that for very steep roofs, shooting a large amount of solution onto the roof will cause it to flow off faster, and you may not get a sufficient dwell time.