Sign in to follow this  
CCPC

UV Protection

I was just curious how many of you use sunblock or some other type of UV protection from the sun. Personally, I use sunblock on a daily basis (spf45) and I still get quit a bit of sun. I am 29 years old and I have friends around the same age as me who work in the sun on a daily basis without using any protection and needless to say, some of them look 20 years older then they really are.

A lot of members of this forum talk so much about chemical saftey I just wanted to see if that same devotion extends to the potentialy dangerous effects from the sun.

If I am out in the sun between 11 and 3, be it working or hanging out at the beach I use an spf 30. Any other time in the day I don't use anything unless I am still wearing my 30 from earlier. Skin cancer runs rampant in my family though, my grandfather had it my mother had it and if my siblings and I are not careful we will too. I am only 22 though and I still look 17 so the advanced aging from the sun hasn't affected me. I don't think it will kill me but there's only one way to find out.