Sign in to follow this  
RSuds

Buying new power washers?

Question

So the new season is upon us and I would like to buy some new equipment, what to buy. I need 2 machines cold water with 8-10 gal and 3000-4000 psi. Would you buy the Envirospec with 40 hp and 2 gun system at 10 gal. each for around 7,000. or would you go with 2 machines around 8-10 gal. for around 9,000? They would be mainly for buildings and residential so I do not nead heat for this truck. I was also thinking of having a third machine in the truck for use and breakdowns, what to do?

9 answers to this question

Brian,

If space is a major concern, I'd look at the E-spec set up. Otherwise I'd go with separate machines. I'm pretty sure you can get 8@3500 for about $3500, unless you are looking specific engine/pump configurations.

If you are buying a 8 to 10 GPM machine, you will most likely need to have a water supply tank. 8 to 10 is good for concrete, but over kill for house washing. If you are only running one gun at the time, make sure you have a unloader that can compensate for tip changes. I would also pipe the bypass back to a water tank, to keep the pump from overheating.

Hope this might help!

I use Cat pumps only and I know they cost more but I think they are worth it. We do alot of buildings also and have 10 Gal. machines already so I know the difference and would say that it helps in a lot of ways but yes you need to keep the water flowing. We can not have the water go back to the tank with the way we put the chemical on but I would like to have the clutch so the pump does not run, anyone have luck with them?

If you are buying a 8 to 10 GPM machine, you will most likely need to have a water supply tank. 8 to 10 is good for concrete, but over kill for house washing. If you are only running one gun at the time, make sure you have a unloader that can compensate for tip changes. I would also pipe the bypass back to a water tank, to keep the pump from overheating.

Hope this might help!

Just what I was thinking myself. 8-10gpm is a bit overkill for resi's and you would need a tank for that kind of draw. A resi spigot will never put out that kind of flow. However he mention commcial bldg's as well which would be perfect, but again, would need the tank for supply.

But he probably already knows that.

Just what I was thinking myself. 8-10gpm is a bit overkill for resi's and you would need a tank for that kind of draw. A resi spigot will never put out that kind of flow. However he mention commcial bldg's as well which would be perfect, but again, would need the tank for supply.

But he probably already knows that.

If your gonna be a bear be a grizzly bear! 8gpm for me. I have no trouble with supply just always keep about 150 gallons to start with. 8gpm can clean resi SOOOO FAST and strip decks and clean concrete. ITs the way to go!

If your gonna be a bear be a grizzly bear! 8gpm for me. I have no trouble with supply just always keep about 150 gallons to start with. 8gpm can clean resi SOOOO FAST and strip decks and clean concrete. ITs the way to go!

Thank You.

I have to ask? Why can you not put the bypass back in the supply tank. Are you upstreaming or downstreaming. Either way I would not want product going through my pump. That shortens the life of the pump, in a hurry!