Sign in to follow this  
sweetwaterfish

Gutter sealing

Question

I just booked a job to wash a church and thet have a few leaky gutters, which has contributed to their need for a washing job. The pastor asked me to seal/repair the leaks. The leaks are at the joints/seams. Anyone have asome insight on the best way to repair these leaks?

Tanks,

Ray

9 answers to this question

Vulkem works good or they do sell gutter caulking

Good deal, I wasn't that far off with my questionable suggestion. At least, I was thinking in the right direction.

Got into the mea of the job and actually decide to re-sleeve the trouble areas with new gutter. The rusted out area were WAY past sealing. Thanks for everyone's help and input! During one of my many conversations with gutter pros in the area this past week, one of the treatments I learned about was using "cool seal" ( the kind for mobile home roofs) in gutters which are suffering from lots of "pin holes". Its self-leveling, light enough not to overly weigh down the gutter and bonds well to metal.

Alos, the caulk I settled on was a gutter sealant from HD was some great stuff. It can actually be applied underwater and to to dirty surfaces.