Sign in to follow this  
eric

rinse wax

Question

6 answers to this question

Paul B.,

What is your experience with sil-o-wet, if you have any? I have just started using it. It says it lasts 24-36 months and retards the growth of mildew and the bonding of dirt to the surface. Any luck with this and making artiliery mold come off houses any easier (not leaving that residual spot after the top is taken off)? I was also wondering if anyone ever applied it to an asphalt roof....maybe in conjunction with some pool algeacide?

Any thoughts?

We use sil-o-wet from envirospec and the results are better if you apply hot with a dry surface. Will go on if the surface is still wet, but I think it looks better when applied to a dry surface.

Just call me pickey!

Rod~

We use sil-o-wet from envirospec and the results are better if you apply hot with a dry surface. Will go on if the surface is still wet, but I think it looks better when applied to a dry surface.

Just call me pickey!

Rod~

Rod,

At what concentration are you applying this at? I tried earlier on this year to get some sil-o-wet sent over to Australia along with a couple of other things. I think the order was worth $2000 US, paid by VISA, everything was going well and the owner "John" stepped in and canned it, saying he didn't want to deal with international orders. Frustrating to say the least!

Anyway, I was thinking of applying hot carwash wax to get the same effect. I haven't done a housewash before, so I thought I might try it out on one of my mates house to see how it goes. If it works well I might try to push this a little.

regards

Jason

I use a liquid carnuba wax - like the stuff used at car washes. About $10/gal and I use about 16 oz in 30 gal of cleaning solution. I downstream hot (about 140 deg).

I use a liquid carnuba wax - like the stuff used at car washes. About $10/gal and I use about 16 oz in 30 gal of cleaning solution. I downstream hot (about 140 deg).
Thanks for your reply John,

I already have a few varieties of that on hand for my fleet washing, I'll give it a go this weekend.

Regards,

Jason