Sign in to follow this  
eric

water evaporation

Question

If you were p.w a house and using a berm made of vinyl pool hose filled with sand, where on th eproerty would you lie the berm? I suspect towards the end of teh briveway or walk way. Also, how could you direct the water to the lawn or "greenery area" for some sort of water evaporation? Have any of you guys created a good & inexpensive way for water evaporation ? I figure this is easier & less costly than reclaiming.

3 answers to this question

I have a dumpster that I clean on a regular basis that doesnt have a drain or anywhere for my waste water to go so I just leave it on the ground. Being in North Carolina and being that it is hot down here, the standing water is almost completely evaporated before I am finished loading up my equipment. Definately cheaper than reclaiming. Do be mindful of what chemicals and the quantities of those chemicals are in the water before you run it into some little old ladies prize tomato plants.

Matthew if you are leaving any chemicals on the ground it could be reason for a fine, when GA gets around to CWA enforcement.

Most dumpster pads have a couple openings though the wall at low point, they could be totally blocked over years so check for them from the outside.