Sign in to follow this  
gutterdog

Beat by a lowballer, super lowballer!!!

Question

I dont get this! You'll see after I post the pics. This customer requested a estimate for a house wash and deck wash. There seling the house. I can make their house look brand new. The white gutters are black from poor maintanance keeping them clean, blah blah blah! She said that if the 400 dollar guy doesnt get everything right she will call me. My wood buddie said blow it off. They will be more decks like this.

How does someone think its possable to wash all this for 400 buck? ......

...And have the house ready to showcase? lol!

Dont let me forget! I need to call her tomorow, I want this deck! I'm thinkin tel her these are my prices, after he messes everything up, these still my prices. (do the repairs for freee) eat that!

Set her expectations where they should be! Not this 99 dollar guy thats gonna rob her.

I may not be beat yet. This has to happen very fast. Tomorow fast. SORRY! I dont know when the 99 guy getin there!

I want this deck! You would too!

I'm slammed with work. I WANT THIS DECK. lol!!!

Any and all Ideas!

Even funy stuff! Just hit me up, what would you do? I really want this job. It aint over till the fat lady sings. Theres no contract? I'm going to call her tomorrow! Tell her where the difference is.

11 answers to this question

She is price shoping Michael. What she is hoping for that you are going not have work and you will lower your price to win the the job. I just had lady call for mobile home wash wanting it done for drum role please $45 you better off walking away from this one man.

There comes a time when you become emotionally unattached to particular jobs. You get some jobs, you don't get others - but in the end you get enough to make it worth your while.

Michael, I think the hallmark of a successful businessman is to not get wrapped up in the 'job' - looking back I realize now that wanting certain jobs really badly is due to ego. Let the

ego go - and you'll be a better businessman for it. I'll be honest, every time folks tell me they are moving - or are already living like a hundred miles away and trying to sell their home -

I run in the other direction. Is this the customer you want, the one that is going away? What if they don't pay? How you going to get your money?

Mike like I said to you on facebook. When this guy kills her property she will be calling you. And if it was me I might even charge a little more for the extra work to fix what damage he will probably do. Do not keep worrying about this one.

u get $45 a mobile home there!!!

try $25 plus free driveway.

2 guys 1 pw

lots of powder pool bleach.

thats why i stopped doing this. thesse guys are swamped every day!!!!

they brush the whole thing and use a garden hose to rinse. lol they also have a cooler full of beer and take frequent breaks

thats my comp

Hey Linda! The lady said she will call me if he cant get their gutters whit. they were thinking of replacing them. I cant figure out how to post pics of this job in here! LOL!!! HELP!! lol!!! I'm going to post the pic in Facebook!

That sound like my guys we have down here also must be bothers or something. I personaly do not go after mobile homes they cheap do not stick one the same personer year after year. I call them the AARP shopers.

I had a similar experience just this week. I knew this lady was cheap from the second I spoke with her on the phone. You know the type...

I go to the house (on Palm Beach - Very Rich Area - $million plus) and tell her $350 for the roof (white tile / no gutters) and another $75 for the driveway. I quoted a bit high on purpose. She said she got it done way cheaper than that "8 years ago". I said the lowest I can go is $350 and she said she needed more quotes. I said how much did you think it would cost? She said $150 range. lol

Fast forward 2 days. I called her and she said on the phone another guy is going to do this for $200. I immediately said is it "company name"? Of course it was. It was the same guy who always lowballs every job he bids on. He also gets a lot of work because I've seen his trucks everywhere.

ugh... I don't want that job for $200 though. He can have it...

I just came across on here in Houston that floored me.....

He had an ad posted on Craig's List for Sales People make 200.00 per day sell his service so naturally I called to see if I could get some idea of his pricing and what he was doing.

Keep in mind during our conversation he told me hew was super busy and was adding a crew... Had to see is secret. Well here it is.

He would go into a neighborhood and walk the streets knocking on doors asking if the homeowner would be interested in cleaning their House, Drive way etc. Sounded good so far.

Then we got into prices and equipment, he has a Northern Tool special, 199.00 2500 psi, 2.5 gpm, a telescopic pole for high areas, and a 20" Norther Tool surface cleaner, 2- 50 garden hoses all moved around in a van.

Prices: and driveway, walkway, patio and entry way 99.00....

Any house under 2500 feet 75.00....yep 75.00 or a special all of the above for 125.00.

No wonder he is busy. And his work......well you guessed it.

Geez I think I'm going back to preforming brain surgery on nine headed rattle snakes....less hassle,,think I might get some stimulas money to start up?...lol.

There comes a time when you become emotionally unattached to particular jobs. You get some jobs, you don't get others - but in the end you get enough to make it worth your while.

Michael, I think the hallmark of a successful businessman is to not get wrapped up in the 'job' - looking back I realize now that wanting certain jobs really badly is due to ego. Let the

ego go - and you'll be a better businessman for it. I'll be honest, every time folks tell me they are moving - or are already living like a hundred miles away and trying to sell their home -

I run in the other direction. Is this the customer you want, the one that is going away? What if they don't pay? How you going to get your money?

Daniel I now understand you. I was you a year ago. Its taken me a week, from the first time I read this to now. What you said. It was ego! I just got my wolman certification and now I want the big job pics. lol! After that house and deck wash, I got another estimate. Another one selling their huse. Same square on floor, just all one level this time. Beutifull deck. Well not now. I could make it that way!

Yea if they moving and f@@@ the deck, I need another price. Wash it the way I used too. My old prices!!! The way I used to wash.