Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

excited about spring 2010

Question

It's a new year and spring is here! We're excited about this season. Just hope it is not as wet as it was last year. It will be good to get working on wood again!

Don't forget to spring forward tonight - if your area does that.....

Beth

6 answers to this question

Amen to that!! Washed the first deck of the season yesterday and gearing up to begin the first LARGE project of the year this coming Tuesday.. Condo complex with 46 units to wash including brick courtyard walls on each, stripping and resealing wood decks attached to each. Looking forward to jumpin' back in the saddle! Praise God!!

Hope everyone has a great year.:sunshine:

We're beginning this Monday. Can't wait! We had a few good days last week, but were not quite ready to roll. Rod and I both had a full estimate route today. After a wet year last year,lots of mildew and algae everywhere!

Beth

Yep, I have one estimate to do after church tomorrow and flyers to hand out on the first condo court letting them know I'll be there starting Tuesday. This way they'll have enough time to move items away from the siding and brick before I arrive.

Started utilizing a sub-contractor last year too. He's actually another fireman at my station and is exceedingly consciencious, which makes me happy and I pay him well for it. I've got him lined up to handle residentials while I make progress on the condo job. I'll be teaching him how to stain decks this month too which will help my volume explode this year. Hoping to sub out to a second fireman from a different station this year as well. :cool:

Love to get to the point where all or most of my role in the business will be supervising and teaching. Oh, and of course selling quality workmanship!

I hear ya !!! Thank God no more Ice and Snow.... We are booked solid starting tonight...I have about 16 hood jobs , 2 floor cleanings , a wall wash , and 4 concrete cleaning jobs. This month alone .. I have a weeks work around town and then its out of town for the rest of the month . Back to staying in cheap motels and eating fast food...