Sign in to follow this  
MaineWindowCleaning

Need some expert help on bidding Apartments

Question

Hello all,

I have a couple of apartment buildings that a property management company wants a bid on. I've done a lot of window cleaning for them but I haven't been able to capture any power washing. what I'm look for is how to bid commercially and be competitive. They want me to just do the siding and external of the gutters, which are white. The buildings look like they have some mild mold but that's about it.

Here are some of the specifics:

2 vinyl sided apartments each 244ft around

two story in the front

three levels in the back facing the lake with decks from end to end

2 garages each 77ft around. most of the siding is on the ends and is connected by a breezeway to the apartment. each garage has 50ft of gutter.

60ft of entryway with white gutter

Thank you in advance for any help,

Ken

5 answers to this question

best way to price this stuff out is to figure out your time involved and bill your hourly rate accordingly. We just bid out a large complex with the buildings about twice that size.... they went for around $800 per building not including the any deck work.

HI Greg,

I just talked to Bobby is SC yesterday who responded to my post and gave me some advice very similar to yours. So with that helpful advice I put together a $987 estimate, thinking it would take me between 10-15 hrs to do this by my self.

From my original post info. do you think this is in the ballpark? Thanks for your reply!~~

Ken