Sign in to follow this  
H2OWizard

Need Chlorine

Question

Is there anyone from the Houston area that knows where I can get some liquid chlorine? I have only found one pool supply store in all of Houston that sells it. It is 10% and sells for $12 for a case of 4 gal. HD also has it for about the same price.....Too Much! I did find some outdoor bleach at Lowes but wasn't sure if this would be as effective as chlorine; especially on asphalt shingles.

Thanks to all,

Steve

5 answers to this question

Wal Mart sells their generic brand of bleach for $1.78 / gallon. I think the container may be a little larger than a gallon as well.

Wal Mart sells their generic brand of bleach for $1.78 / gallon. I think the container may be a little larger than a gallon as well.

The generic bleach at Walmart, is that 7.5% SH? A place called Aquavita Pools out this way sells 12.5% for $12 per 5 gallon container.

The Wal-marts around here have 6.15% but the outdoor bleach at lowes comes in a container that is 96 oz....I think. It says it will make up to 30 gal. It does not say what the S/H % is. I'll have to get the msds to find out.

Thanks guys,

Steve

Outdoor bleach is not as concentrated as pool shock and cost is more expensive if you compare (apples to apples).

Check some of your grocery stores (they carry them in our area).

Steve

We get 10% sodium hypochlorite in 55 gallon drums from a Co. called Bates chemical in Dayton.

Did you try calling around chem companies in Pasadena?