Sign in to follow this  
jeffex11

egg on vinyl siding

Question

I got a call for removal of egg on vinyl siding . He says he tried to power wash it off himself. Any experience out here with this. He didn't use any cleaner to loosen up the egg .

9 answers to this question

We have used our Gutter chemical scrubbed on and then High heat to take it off. IF anything is left we would do the same process again. This has worked pretty good for us.

I used hd80 once when some girls threw 3 eggs at our house. This guy says it has been there since august! I gave him a price and said I could not guarantee the removal though. l'LL just bring all my chems .

I used hd80 once when some girls threw 3 eggs at our house. This guy says it has been there since august! I gave him a price and said I could not guarantee the removal though. l'LL just bring all my chems .

Heat!

Definitely a little heat, just be careful not to warp the vinyl...let your normal housewash dwell for a while to loosen it up...

Pressure Washing alone may not work. Use a little Butyl Based Sodium Hydroxide and a soft brisle brush and then rinse. This is something I've run into on Vinyl, Stucco and Garage Doors and it always took it off. Good luck. Hope this helps.

I have never had trouble with strong house wash mix. I usually xjet straight mix on the spots. With vinyl it came out spotless. With painted surfaces it left a shadow but that is where the egg enzymes ate thru the paint. Never tried heat though.