Sign in to follow this  
cwarrior

Setting new unloader

Installed new unloader. My unit is 3500psi, 5gpm. Trying to make sure it is set and adjusted correctly. With trigger depressed and new nozzle, the psi is at 3400psi. When not pressed the pressure spikes at the 4100 psi. Is this spiked pressure okay? Also, while setting the unloader, there was one time when I depressed the trigger and the pressure dropped to almost nothing. But, never did it since. Should I be concerned or just a one time occurrence? Thanks,

Mark

A pressure gauge has no business in setting an unloader. I can think of no reason for them to be in the aresenal of any pressure washer. To set your unloader: Useing the proper zero tip for your machine, have your bypass line in a position where you can see it, hold down the trigger, start the machine. Adjust your unloader until there is no water flowing out of your bypass hose. You are now flowing the max your machine will allow. Tack weld the stop nuts on your unloader. Take off your unloader and do the exact same thing with another unloader. You now have one installed with the correct setting and a spare with the correct setting.