Sign in to follow this  
eric

residential equipment

Question

I p/w mostly homes. What is the best set /up and how should I buy it (possibly used. ) All I want is the pump and engine. Do you guys think a 5gpm 3000psi is okay? if so, what size engine do I need. Any leads?/

Thanks

6 answers to this question

I p/w mostly homes. What is the best set /up and how should I buy it (possibly used. )

You mostly do homes but you dont know what equipment you need? What are you useing now? Hose and brush.

Eric,

Many people use a 4gpm/3000 psi machine for housewashing. Good chems will allow you to lower the pressure and still get great results.

Don,

What All American unit do you have, as the only 4000 psi machine from them is 3.5 gpm?

Alan, I'm thinking it means Kohler, Belt Drive, Overhead valve, Engine (KBOE)

but dont quote me on that. Where it in So.Cali you at? I was raised in Tucson Az. and used to spend a lot of time in Yuma, So.CA and Mexico. Last year I was down in San Diego I had to drive to Vegas to get out because the fires closed the airport ( smoke )

Talk about traffic.

Eric,

I'm one of the chumps who bought the HD special...4gpm 3600 psi. Alone, that particular machine doesn't do much. But, after learning how the chems work, investing in an Xjet and a 24' extension pole, and a few other little helpfuls (like a SHURflo and better technique), I can do just fine. The real quality comes in diligence and integrity of the person using the equipment. Granted, equipment does matter (you can't clean effectively with a garden hose), but only up to a certain point. Unless you are cutting concrete, 3600 psi is plenty of pressure (I never apply that much directly to a surface...the pressure is fanned out or used to deliver the spray from a far distance), and increasing from 4gpm to a higher will only allow you to work faster. The only thing I regret with my machine is its inability to effectively drive my 30" surface cleaner. Might need to sell that thing and buy a smaller one.

Ryan H.