Sign in to follow this  
mobilewow

Guys check this out!

Question

10 answers to this question

Wipe the dust off the yellow noodles. They might have a use after all.

Pretty cool idea especially since there is no recoil.

I would still be a bit worried about folding a shingle.

Best idea since the 200 m.p.h. leaf blower.

I came across this last week. Its called the gutterball and it is great. I got mine the other day and yesterday I cleaned my first set of gutters and it was the easiest tool i have ever used on gutters. Anyway just thought I would pass along.http://www.gutterballpro.com

Well I guess I have to try to make one of these myself....there goes my spare time.

Look what I found http://metal-steel-balls.com/hollow-metal-balls.htm

Edited by al9226

I have been using something similar to this for a while. I only use it on houses where I have cleaned the gutters by hand previously (so that I know what is up there and don't end up shooting pebbles or who knows what at the neighbor's house). I just took a heavy "T" and attached it to the gutter cleaning hook, then put a 15 degree nozzle on both ends. Works well and in the same way you don't lose control of the lance since the two nozzles balance each other out. It is still fairly easy to hit the edges of the shingles, though. You can go up and down a house with 100 feet of gutter and be done in 10 minutes or less (if you cleaned it the prior season and there isn't 300 pounds of sludge). Follow it up with a quick rinse along the gutter line to get rid of the nasties and you're done. Not good for people who care about their landscape or get their windows professionally cleaned, though.

Gutter hook - $10

Two nozzles - $8

"T" - $5

One nipple - $2

Total = $25 with same results

I have been using something similar to this for a while. I only use it on houses where I have cleaned the gutters by hand previously (so that I know what is up there and don't end up shooting pebbles or who knows what at the neighbor's house). I just took a heavy "T" and attached it to the gutter cleaning hook, then put a 15 degree nozzle on both ends. Works well and in the same way you don't lose control of the lance since the two nozzles balance each other out. It is still fairly easy to hit the edges of the shingles, though. You can go up and down a house with 100 feet of gutter and be done in 10 minutes or less (if you cleaned it the prior season and there isn't 300 pounds of sludge). Follow it up with a quick rinse along the gutter line to get rid of the nasties and you're done. Not good for people who care about their landscape or get their windows professionally cleaned, though.

Gutter hook - $10

Two nozzles - $8

"T" - $5

One nipple - $2

I like this, much better than $179.00

Gutter hook - $10

Two nozzles - $8

"T" - $5

One nipple - $2

Can you post or send me a photo? By the way, I lived in Ohio (Lorain) for 50 years before I moved to FLA.

For those looking a more economic way of hand making a similiar apparatus to the Gutter Ball. Consider the life of the Ball (a lifetime). How much is this worth? The nozzle angles will not be the same with a hook and a T pipe attatched to the bottom. The material will blow aimlessly out of the gutter resulting in approximately half of the material on the ground and half on the roof, the half on the roof ending up back in the gutter in the near future, not to mention the ergonomics of the ball and it's ability to not lodge under crossbars. It is like anything else you get what you pay for! For around $150.00 a couple of gutter jobs will pay for the product! I doubt you will easily find the parts to total $25.00 very easily in low volume purchases of one's and two's. Come on guys, how valuable is your time, are you better spending it trying to save a few dollars or out making $$$. Hey and doesn't your businesses image count--a hook contraption that gets you by for realistically $35.00-$50.00 plus your time making it, or you customers seeing a product that is proven to work and actually looks modern and professional for around $150.00. A hundred dollars difference that's a fillup at the gas pumps for my operation!

Keith Cox

Sparkle Right Cleaning Service