Sign in to follow this  
Rick2

Whay's the difference?

Question

I normally don't do many decks as a rule but have been getting more requests than usual so far this year.

When I do clean them I apply the base and acid through a pump sprayer and never stain them, just clean.

I have really been thinking about buying a Deckster and have been doing my research but I have a few questions I'm confused about. What's the difference between a Deckster and a Decker or is this just a typo on the poster behalf? What's the difference in a "5er" I see sometimes see added with the Decker or Deckster? I assume it means a 5 gallon bucket. Finally, what can't be run through the pumps without destroying it? Any other feedback will be wlecomed. Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Rick they are just two brand names for a similar type setup. The Deckster is available from sunbritesupply and the Decker 5'er (actual name) I believe is sold by pumptec.

I use one for cleaning and one for staining, but they are the same thing, heres a picture of my staining one. For our cleaning one I run hydroxide, acid, bleach, you name it. If we are switching chemicals I make sure to put 5 gallons of clear water through first before going to a new chemical.

post-2382-137772328855_thumb.jpg

Is there a reason one is for cleaning and one for staining or is just to keep one machine cleaner than the other. If there is a difference which would you recommend for cleaning? Staining isn't really my field and I would rather leave that to someone who knows what they're doing.