Sign in to follow this  
CBhaydare

upstream, downstream, M-jet, X-jet....

I don't want chems going through my pump, so upstream is out.

I don't like the fact that downstream you have to switch to low pressure, and still the chems are going through my HP hose/wand, don't really want that.

The X-jet seems to be more of what I'm looking for. From the way this thing looks, why can't you just use a hp chem injector with QC's and place on the end of your wand and run the hose into the chem bucket? Chem injector is like $30, X-jet $160.

Just curios.....?

Also, how, do you use accessories, such as a foam cannon, extension wand, or anything else, on a machine that the unloader is set and not "adjustable" to 4,000psi and these accessories are rated for 2500, or 3000psi?

I know you change nozzle orifice size to lower pressure but when the trigger is not presses you still have 4,000psi.

Say I use a #4 nozzle i have 4,000psi with the trigger open, I change to a 5.5 nozzle I have around 2,000psi with the trigger open, when closed pressure goes up to 4,000psi.

Thanks

everything i can... driveways, houses, sidewalks, dumpster pads...

I understand the x-jet shoots up to 40' they say, and I don't think you could get that the way I was talking about doing, even with a 0* nozzle.

Edited by CBhaydare

Down Streaming is the easiest and fastest when washing houses. X-jet has it's place (I got 3 M-5's). Low psi is what you want to use and market to residential customers (House Washing) you should only use high psi for brick and concrete cleaning.

Adair??? You got kin in Hartsville S.C.???????

Adair??? You got kin in Hartsville S.C.???????

Not that I know of, There are a lot of Adair's everywhere i guess. I get that a lot. Most people ask if I'm related to "Red Adair" I'm like if I was I probably wouldn't be doing this.... lol

Thanks for the tip on the injectors, mostly brick houses around my area, but there are a few newer homes with hardy board siding, I'm setup up for hood cleaning but only have a few customers, and it's only every 3 months and night work. So looking to do some daytime residential also, still trying to get my ducks in a row on things.

I have been using a downstreaming method for years for Pressure Washing. After chems are applied there is a lot of rinse water running through your hoses etc... The chems in the line have never been a problem for me. Your right about up-streaming though. There is no way I'm running chems through my Pressure Washing pump.

The X-jet seems to be more of what I'm looking for. From the way this thing looks, why can't you just use a hp chem injector with QC's and place on the end of your wand and run the hose into the chem bucket? Chem injector is like $30, X-jet $160.

Just curios.....?

Not all hp chem injectors are created equal. The venturi nozzle inside each unit is designed to pull chem according to its size and the length of hose you are drawing through not to mention the height as well can become a disadvantage if you are not using a correctly designed injector.

$30 -vs- $160 is a logical question but there is a considerable difference between the functionality and versatility in each.

With a lower priced injector, what you get is it. No proportioners to change the draw rate, little ability to change the spray pattern for close up applications to more distant reaches. It is a straight up injector with whatever draw rate it is built to deliver along with the problems associated with the back-flow ball inside that can corrode or even get stuck to the O-ring inside causing down-time.

The X-jet or better yet; the M-5 is an extremely versatile unit which can also double as a washing nozzle when not connected to your draw hose.

Contact Tom@ACR products. He adds some other connections to make this unit more adaptable.

My only word of caution is to apply duct tape to the black adjustable nozzle to hold in the 'U' ring. Over time, it tends to fall out and they are a bugger to find.

Also, how, do you use accessories, such as a foam cannon, extension wand, or anything else, on a machine that the unloader is set and not "adjustable" to 4,000psi and these accessories are rated for 2500, or 3000psi?

I know you change nozzle orifice size to lower pressure but when the trigger is not presses you still have 4,000psi.

Say I use a #4 nozzle i have 4,000psi with the trigger open, I change to a 5.5 nozzle I have around 2,000psi with the trigger open, when closed pressure goes up to 4,000psi.

Thanks

When the trigger is closed, the pressure in the line is of no consequence but I think I understand your concern is that that built up pressure when the trigger is pulled poses harm to the accessory attached to your gun!?

A work around if you will, is to add a foaming agent and use the m-5 nozzle to apply your chems.

Rod!~

Thank you for the in-depth explanation Rod!

Yes I am concerned about the line build up pressure while the trigger is not pressed, I would have 4,000psi. With the correct nozzle on the accessory when the trigger is pressed the flow would be to the accessories rating, but how do you keep from blowing something apart that is rated at say 2,500psi and you have a line buildup of 4,000psi?

I know using the unloader as a regulator is a no no, or not a wise decision, but seems safer as to adjusting it to where your only putting the rated psi out from your pump for the accessory that your using......?

Again thanks to every one who has posted with their input!!!

The obvious answer to your question is to only used equipment rated to your machines specifications.

Most operate within gpm ratings but some are pressure sensitive as you have noticed which makes it difficult to decide which accessories to buy.

Like I mentioned, you can work around these limitations by adding products to your formulations to achieve the same results.

Some may say that it increases costs but I am afraid that negates the additional benefits of the agents themselves.

Penny wise and pound foolish is applicable.

According to your plans, there are certain benefits to adding other formulations to your cleaners to achieve better results especially when it comes to cleaning verticals as you may be aware.

While a foamer nozzle will provide plenty of foam...initially, if the product you are applying does not have enough fatty acids, the foam will be short lived. So ask yourself; whats the point of having a foamer if my chemicals won't support the application?

Adding a foaming agent is pennies on the dollar cause it doesn't take much (2-4oz/gal/mix) to get a great foam on the surface.

A foamer nozzle is limited in distance and spread rate.

Rod!~

Thanks again Rod!

I think I may have miss led people when talking about the foamer for houses, I'm just wanting to get a foam cannon for my hood cleaning instead of the pump up sprayer, want to try it and see what all the hype is about "foamers"... lol I mean it makes sense, longer dwell time for chems to break the grease down. The only ones I can find though are rated anywhere from 2,500 to 3,500 psi.

Edited by CBhaydare