Sign in to follow this  
aufanatic

Efc-38?

Question

Has anyone used efc-38 on vinyl siding? I use bleach in my housewash mix but I have a house tomorrow with a flowerbed all the way down one side that has me a little worried. With the heat we have now covering may do more damage than chemicals. How much dwell would I need for minor mildew? tia

4 answers to this question

If you wet the area down before you apply your chems, then during the dwell time wet it down again and after you rinse wet the area down again you should be fine. I have never killed a plant or flower from chems yet. Just killed them with the hose and stepping on them.:rolleyes: opps!

I dont like covering the plants with anything unless I am spraying sealer on a deck. The heat and moisture will kill the plants before your chems will. If you do decide to cover the plants, dont let it sit to long covered up.

Yes you can use EFC-38 instead of bleach. Follow the direction on the tub for proper ratio. The dwell time will be longer than using bleach.

Good luck

i rinsed my house down yesterday with 3% bleach (ultimate concentration after Xjet) and it only required about a 40 second dwell time to remove the mildew. I rinsed the area down with water first, threw the bleach solution on, hit the plants again with some mist, then rinsed the siding with plenty of water. No damage. I would be more worried about copious amounts of water falling onto delicate flower petals and physically removing them.

you only need a weak mix for minor mildew.....mist well before and during and after....if you really worried...rinse off one way and pin some plastic\wood sheets\thick cardboard at the end you choose a end that presents less of a problem