Sign in to follow this  
Guy B

Health Insurance

Question

Hey guys, now that I have gone full-time, we've got to take care of the Health Insurance issue.

So who's doing what, and where. Any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks!!!

2 answers to this question

CareCredit® Healthcare Finance - Payment Plans and Financing for Cosmetic Surgery, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Veterinary & Other Medical Procedures

Guy, I used this firm when I had kidney issues. They helped out ALOT when I had to have a very expensive surgery on the kidney.

I suggest enrolling until you find the right company for your family.

Ultimately, I am with United HC now.

However, when you are not insured or until you find the right company that suits you, this is a very good move.

I'm searching as well Guy...wish there was something offered through a trade association or company that deals with self employed contractors. I forget the length of time but I think you have a few months period where you can decide to elect for COBRA or not. You don't have to pay unless you elect coverage and then you owe back retroactively...although after you elect a claim can be filed for incident during those back months. At least thats what mine is supposed to be...I lost coverage since I graduated, so have to elect COBRA or find something cheaper and do that instead.