Sign in to follow this  
Chad16

Driveway and Pool area

Question

9 answers to this question

It didn't go at all how I expected it. If I can figure out how to up load the photos on here I could show you. The driveway and pool area had never been cleaned in about 35yrs. On top of that they had several post oak trees growing around the drive and pool. I think I under bid the whole job but thats my fault. I do know for next time . The driveway was 101*22 and the pool area was 75*35, but the home owner was very happy with the job. plus I got several job offers after just doing that one. When cleaning both it looked like burnt motor oil coming off the concrete.

Chad well done - I am sure this is the first of many jobs. Pricing is a learning curve that is influenced by many things like - affluent area, chance for repeat work, equipment used can help the speed you clean and can also increase or decrease the price, competition, travel time, size of job, niche market segment, time of the year, do you have to supply own water/how far is the water from your work area, how busy you are, price the job by the sqft and also by the hours you think it will take to complete and then try find a happy medium... etc etc etc - the list is almost endless.

My 2 cents on this subject - price it to make enough money to make it well worth your while - rather err on the high side than be short - you may price yourself out of the job on the rare occasion this happens to us all but more times than not you are the only one bidding on the job and you get it anyway.

Question are you your recovering water? Do you use a surface cleaner?

Rob Rose

Yes I'm using a surface cleaner 18". As of now I'm not recovering the water just using booms. I did make some money on the deal it just took longer than I had thought. Everything that I have practiced on had not been this dirty, but the home owner liked it alot. I know now for the next time I come across anything that dirty to price it Alittle higher. I finished 3 of the neighbors yesterday . They weren't as dirty but I raised my price alittle and made alot more money off the jobs. Plus 2 more referals.