Sign in to follow this  
Tonyg

AC Mahogany & Rustic Brown

Question

Just had to try the new Mahogany color. It's a bit more red than I would have liked but it is a nice color. I tried several scenarios with the RB but the Rustic Brown / Mahogany won out with the customer. It will be a nice addition to the palette for the future. This was a very old 27yr old PT that needed extensive sanding.

post-3028-137772338762_thumb.jpg

post-3028-137772338808_thumb.jpg

post-3028-137772338821_thumb.jpg

post-3028-137772338838_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

Yep, this was the 50/50. I liked it better than the Sierra/Rustic Brown from last year. The red is toned down more with the RB. It worked well on the new boards as well.

The boards on the left and top rail were new boards and the ones on the right was original (27yr)

post-3028-137772339019_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tonyg

Nice deck Tony, and excellent resto. Didn't see that the Mahogany was in yet how do you compare it straight up to Sierra (no mixing)? Hows business going for you in VA?

Nice deck Tony, and excellent resto. Didn't see that the Mahogany was in yet how do you compare it straight up to Sierra (no mixing)? Hows business going for you in VA?

Thanks Charlie, The Mahogany seemed like a 'softer' red more so than the sierra if that makes sense. I know I made samples using the Sierra mixing with several different colors but haven't sold it on a deck yet. The Sierra by itself was just another red to me and I wanted something closer to a red/brown. I have a sample PT board with the Mahogany that I will take a pic of this weekend. Nice color but still a little too red for me.

Business has been good here but painting is a significant part of my revenue. I get a deck in whenever I can but I am just not able to squeeze that many in. The jobs I am working on now I had scheduled in April. I am currently scheduling for the end of September, though at a much more relaxed pace with room to add. I actually lost sealing cedar house with this deck because they wanted it done in May though they were willing to spend the 30% if I could have completed it in their schedule. I'm still a bit unsure of the winter but I know God has provided so far and I trust that He will in the future so I am optimistic. I think if we have a good change over in Congress the consumer confidence increase may be enough to boost the Christmas shopping season and make for a good spring. Definitely optimistic.

Edited by Tonyg

Here are the sample boards on PT for the new Mahogany and the Mahogany/Rustic Brown mix. You can see the color difference better than the deck pics

post-3028-137772340163_thumb.jpg

post-3028-137772340172_thumb.jpg

post-3028-137772340177_thumb.jpg

post-3028-137772340186_thumb.jpg

post-3028-137772340192_thumb.jpg