Sign in to follow this  
seymore

Does anyone stain concrete?

Question

I was just wondering if anyone is staining concrete?

Here is the floor of an of an outdoor kitchen for a customer whose cedar house we treated.Actually the whole house has stained concrete inside and out .

28 answers to this question

I figured it was the acrylic in the product that harsh on the pumps.We cleaned the pumps by running Xylene thru them.I love Xlene because it evaporates quickly.

Also it works great to remove any overspray from staining that might get on concrete or bricks.

I was looking at the web site for that concrete stain and might to give a try someday.

If it lasts 3 to 4 years what do you do when it fades? clean and apply a coat over the origianal coat or do you have to strip the old sealer and reapply?

If it lasts 3 to 4 years what do you do when it fades? clean and apply a coat over the origianal coat or do you have to strip the old sealer and reapply?

As I understand it, they make another product (imagine that!) that you use to re-prep the surface then just reapply - no stripping is necessary. I would imagine there would be a cleaning involved. Truthfully, I haven't read about what happens later - that's Roger's department.

We did have some left over which I am going to experiment with using some tape to see if I can put a pattern on my concrete steps. This would make this a really nice (simpler) alternative to some of the very complicated looking processes of staining with an overlay.