Sign in to follow this  
jeffex11

anyone try dry chlorine from pool supply?

Question

I am wondering if anyone has tried the dried chlorine available at pool supply houses. I would like a more portable and convenient source for my house wash . I mix HD80 with water for decks and that is a portable source . When they add on more work it is easy to just mix more dry than tote liquid. I would like to carry dry chlorine to mix with water for those customers that add on service when you get there . " My house looks great. How much to do the sidewalk and driveways" If so what was the chem name and your results?

Edited by jeffex11

4 answers to this question

I have.

It doesn't work- wrong kind of chlorine and you can't mix it strong enough to be effective.

Do a search for 'dry chlorine' or 'powder chlorine'.

calcium hypochlorite vs sodium hypochlorite (liquid SH) . Most tablets are calcium hypochlorite. I guess I just have to try it and see for myslef if I can get good results.

Dont do it. First roof I ever got On i mixed calcium Hypo. I mixed it pretty strong too. it didnt do squat. nothing, nada. After spraying 3 times with it and it making little difference a friend came with a tank of Sodium Hypo and saved the day.

Youll waste your money and time.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll experiment with something else. innovation keeps me passionate about this business.

Edited by jeffex11