Sign in to follow this  
Hose Jockey

What's YOUR most popular Ready Seal color being requested??

What's your most requested Ready Seal color??  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What's your most requested Ready Seal color??

• Gold
    • Light Brown
    • Medium Brown
    • Dark Brown
    • Natural Cedar
    • Medium Red
    • Dark Red

Question

For all the big Ready Seal users, which colors do you find to be most requested by your customers?? I'm going to start using it soon and am curious what may need to be "stocked up on". Thanks for the input.

6 answers to this question

About 80% of our customers like Ready Seal medium red on their wood. IMO, the best color on pressure treated, mahogany, and ipe'. Light brown is my personal favorite on cedar.

We use Natural Cedar on 90% of the wood in Minneapolis, we stock up on this every year and only use the browns and reds if the customer is very adament (sp?) about their choice. i always have 15-20 gallons in stock of Natural Cedar and must order the browns and reds specific to customers.

Great!! Thanks for the input and advice so far. I'm looking forward to trying this new product. Bought the sample bottles and made some wood samples on pressure treated pine lath strips. Sure went on nice, but took several days for it to show true color. Some looked almost identical when first applied.

PTP seems to be all they build decks out of here in the Richmond, VA area so may I ask that anyone else who would like to respond please let me know what your customers ask for on PTP?? That would be awesome and I thank you ahead of time for your input.

Cheers..

We use the Natural Cedar the most. I tell people that is what most people get and then we stock more of that. The less confusing it is for them the better.

Examples of Ready Seal medium red stain. Stairs, deck, and gate are ipe', the large storage boxes are made of teak.

A good example of different coloration using the same oil stain dependent on the wood species.

post-170-137772345705_thumb.jpg

post-170-137772345713_thumb.jpg