Sign in to follow this  
John Doherty

Finance

I just picked up a contract with a builder for new const. flatwork, 800 a yr, will bring my total to over 2000 for next yr. I NEED MONEY!!!! I can handle this myself until we lose daylight in Oct. (with the help of some good subcontractors when it gets too crazy).

Tweaking my business plan, and went to an SBA workshop last week, will be hitting a few banks this week. My bank only lends money to people who don't need it! I'm going to concentrate on banks that are based in my state, I like the idea of local service and understanding of the local business climate.

Some quick history, bought the biz existing in April 02, was a part time venture w/1 builder project, built it to 12 by late 03 and now about 25 projects (worked a full time night job the first year). I've turned a healthy profit every year, I have zero debt, paid cash for my truck and the biz in 02.

Anyone with any experience getting any type of biz finance who would like to share their experience would be appreciated.

JD

800 & 2000 what a year? jobs? hours? square feet?

Is the money for equipment? or?

If equipment, lease it all you have is a small monthly bill, and most states will allow a write off and depreciation on equipment leases. Easy to qualify, easy to start easy payments usually short term (less than 3 years)