Sign in to follow this  
eric

question

Hi,

I spoke w/ delco a while back and they mentioned something about cleaning concrete and asphalt driveways. Do you guys use hydrochloric acid ? Is there such a thing? What is best for cleaning oil, etc from asphalt and concrete drives. Also, can someone please give a break down on th ebasic acids (pros & cons,, etc.)

Thank you in advance

Hi,

What is the difference between muriatic & oxalic (?) acid. What are the pros and cons of them. I spoke to someone at delco a while back and they told me what to use for cleaning asphalt & concrete. However, I do not remeber what chem. they recommended. Any ideas? They did say use less on asphalt due to it being more pourous.

please advise

thank you

Eric these are great questions.

Oxalic and citric are typically used for wood. Oxalic can also be used to remove rust. Muratic acid is used on concrete, and for rust stains. Phosphoric acid is used in truck and house washing, and is a neutralizer for sodium hydroxide as well (so are other acids).

Hope this helps.

Beth

Ascorbic prevents scurvy.

Together, sulfuric and nitric can be quite bangin'.

Lysergic is a trip.

Deoxyribonucleic is the building block of life.

Don't know how useful they are for cleaning, though. Well, maybe sulfuric in dilute amounts...fantastic at removing drain clogs (MUCH better than sodium hydroxide) and good for cleaning grout.