Sign in to follow this  

Question

What is the best mix to use on stucco? This stucco has heavy black and green mildew and mold on it. I use SH and soap on my regular house washes and have always been able to get them cleaned without a problem! Can I use the same mix for stucco? Any input would be appreciated. I am not new to this site but am to posting, im sure i need to fill out my signature and other things but am not sure what all I need to do. Thanks, Ben

10 answers to this question

Thanks for the help! I prefer to use low pressure on everything I clean, I have a 3000 psi 8 gpm machine so I am capable of plenty of pressure and gpm's if needed, just dont want to mess up any surfaces im not familiar with! I also have heat, is this a surface that can with stand heat or just cold water? Thanks again for the help, this board is awesome!

Don't get too aggressive with the pressure on the stucco it will damage quite easily. You can use the 8 gpm flow to your advantage the impact force of the extra water will aid in the cleaning process, just go to a larger nozzle size to reduce the pressure and maintain the gpm. Cold water should be sufficient to clean but heat will boost the effectiveness of the detergents.

A little stronger mix and lowwwwwwwwww pressure for stucco.

I have been known to break out the pump up for really bad spots.

To fill out your signature go to Forum Actions > Edit Profile > Edit Signature.

We have even used our roof pumps for getting alot of chem. on the stucco and let it sit while you water all plants good.

We have even used our roof pumps for getting alot of chem. on the stucco and let it sit while you water all plants good.

Yeah, if there are more than a few stubborn spots that's definitely the way to go.